In 1998, The Crime and Disorder Act placed a duty on Local Authorities and the Police to form a partnership to reduce crime and disorder in their communities.
The Ceredigion Community Safety Partnership, comprising representatives from the County Council, Dyfed-Powys Police and a representative from the Dyfed-Powys Police & Crime Panel, Mid & West Wales Fire & Rescue Service and the Mid & West Wales Fire & Rescue Service Authority, HM Prisons and Probation Service, Wales Community Rehabilitation Company, Hywel Dda University Health Board, Public Health Wales, Youth Justice and Preventions Service, and Substance Misuse Area Planning Board is currently carrying out an Assessment of Crime and Disorder related issues within the County.
The purpose of the Assessment is to provide knowledge and understanding of community safety problems that will inform and enable your Community Safety Partnership to:
- Understand the patterns, trends and shifts relating to Crime & Disorder and Substance Misuse.
- Set clear and robust priorities.
- Develop activity that is driven by reliable intelligence and meets the needs of the local community.
- Deploy resources effectively and present value for money.
- Undertake annual reviews and plan activity based on the clear understanding of the issues and priorities
Community Safety & Civil Contingencies Manager
Ceredigion Community Safety Partnership
We can provide this questionnaire in alternative formats upon request.