We are working closely with the Welsh Government Association (WLGA), the Welsh Government and other partners to help Ceredigion make any changes that will need to take effect now we have left the European Union.
The council will build on its preparations and continue with work to mitigate any potential impacts of Brexit on Ceredigion communities and businesses.
The council’s Brexit Adjustment Work-Plan includes:
- The council’s Leadership Group meeting regularly to plan for potential Brexit scenarios in Ceredigion
- Reviewing all council services to see how Brexit could affect them. Plans are in place and under continual review to prepare for any impact on services
- Attending the Dyfed Powys Local Resilience Forum. The Forum has been collaborating on multi-agency solutions to challenges Brexit could pose
- Providing information for staff who could be directly affected
- Raising awareness of the EU Settlement Scheme among Ceredigion’s EU citizen population
- Signposting businesses to advice on the effects of Brexit
- Lobbying the Welsh Government to ensure that levels of funding in Ceredigion don’t decrease after Brexit