Find a club in your area by searching our Directory of Sports:
What we want to do...
To support and increase the number, range and quality of community based sports clubs.
Why we want to achieve this...
For sport to become a lifelong experience for people it is essential that quality-sporting opportunities are available to all. In addition to playing an important role in developing healthy lifestyles, sport can promote economic and social well being of communities. Community sports clubs play a vital role in contributing to such benefits and as such are pivotal in the development of sport.
How we will achieve this:
- By developing sustainable club structures across the County.
- By increasing membership of sports clubs.
- By developing the range and quality of junior sections of community based sports clubs.
- By working closely with voluntary sports clubs to provide a coordinated approach and to develop quality sporting opportunities.
- By encouraging clubs to work to governing body accreditation standards.
- By organising a structured programme of sports specific and generic training courses eg. Sports Coach UK courses.
- By providing an effective information and advisory role to clubs regarding sports development funding, programming, training, facility considerations and other aspects of the Sport Ceredigion service.
- By recruiting, training and retaining more sports club coaches and volunteers.
- By raising the profile of sport in Ceredigion.
Active Communities in Ceredigion is managed by Steven Jones. He is accountable for the Sports Specific Development Officers funded either part or entirely by the National Governing bodies of their sport in partnership with Ceredigion County Council. These include:
Active Communities in Ceredigion is also supported by Ceredigion Local Sports Council.