What is 'Exercise Referral'?
The 'Exercise Referral' scheme is designed to aid individuals ,who have been identified by their Medical Practitioner, to take up the benefits of participating in enjoyable exercise.
As that individual, you will receive a 16-week activity programme designed specifically to your needs and will be under the guidance of Ceredigion County Council's highly qualified Health Intervention Team. During the 16 weeks of your programme, activities within our leisure facilities will be charged £1.00 per session.
How do I get on the scheme?
- Visit your Doctor's Surgery. If you are eligible, your Medical Practitioner or Practice Nurse will complete a 'Medical Referral for Exercise and Consent Form'.
- A member of the Ceredigion County Council Health Intervention Team will then contact you to make an appointment for your initial consultation.
- Your initial consultation will consist of a full explanation of the scheme and a health assessment.
- A programme will then be devised to suit your personal needs.
- Over the 16 weeks, your personal programme may include group or individual activities such as using the Health and Fitness Suite, swimming, aerobics, walking and many more (activities are not on a one-to-one basis).
Reasons for referral:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- High Blood cholesterol
- Weight Reduction
- Depression (mild/moderate only)
- COPD (mild/moderate only)
- At risk osteoporosis
- Stable hypertension (on medication)
- Muscular injuries/inflexibility
- Hypertension (no medication)
- Back complaint (muscular)
- And many more...
Did you know that...?
It's a fact that taking regular exercise dramatically increases your chances of living healthier and longer. The current recommendation for physical activity is 30 minutes of moderate activity (like brisk walking) on five or more days of the week.
- Make you feel good
- Keep your heart strong
- Give you more energy
- Reduce blood pressure
- Help you sleep better
- Help reduce stress
- Help you manage your weight
What our Client's have said:
Under unfailing care and consideration for each and everyone of us in the class, we all worked hard to achieve our goals.
Mrs E Jones (Aberystwyth)
A big thank you for helping me get back to a more active and fitter lifestyle, which is making life more enjoyable!
Mr K Craddock (Lampeter)
I will never be afraid to visit a gym again!! Thank you for your patience and approachability which has given me my confidence back.