Ceredigion Museum's 1,500 web pages
Ceredigion Museum has up-loaded 1,500 pages of information about its collections onto the Ceredigion County Council web site. Every page is in English and Welsh and most pages include illustrations.
- a virtual tour of all 59 displays in the museum
- descriptions and photographs of almost every object on display in the agricultural, dairy, cottage and clocks displays
- information on food production and processing in 19th century and early 20th century Ceredigion
- pages on animals, crafts, homes, lighting, materials, power, transport (including milestones), work and people all with special reference to Ceredigion during the past 200 years
- many links to related pages
Much of this is aimed at junior school pupils, but it is hoped that it will be of interest to all. Many pages include suggestions for further reading.
The aim is to make as much information as possible about the museum collections available to all. It is hoped that visitors to the site will contact the museum with additional information: the museum is especially keen to record Welsh and English words for the objects used by farmers, dairy maids and others.
The site is on the Goss based County Council's web site but all the data was created, edited and managed in a MODES data-base and exported directly from it.
The preparation of the site has been part funded by CyMAL, Museums Archives and Libraries Wales, a policy division of the Welsh Assembly Government.
For more information see the web site Museum Collections
Any suggestions for improvements and additions will be most gratefully received.