Social Services Contact Centre
...Taking care to make a difference...
Min-Aeron, Rhiw Goch, Aberaeron, Ceredigion, SA46 0DY
Telephone - 01545 574 000
Minicom - 01545 574001
Fax No - 01545 574002
Aims/purpose of the Contact Centre
To provide a single point of contact for the people of Ceredigion, which offers quick and easy access to advice and information about the Department's services and the range of other resources available both locally and nationally.
Who can use the Contact Centre
Anyone who would like information, advice or help from Social Services, either for themselves or on behalf of another person.
How the Contact Team can help you
- by taking an initial assessment (called a contact assessment) of your needs based on the information you supply. Where appropriate we will refer the assessment to the appropriate Social Services Team. A Social Worker or Care Assessor may then be in touch with you.
- by letting you know what services are available to you through Social Services or other voluntary/local organisations
- to get in touch with the voluntary sector
- to register as a disabled person
- to register for a Blue Badge
- to obtain a Carers Assessment
What will happen when you ring us
You will be asked for information about yourself or the person you are calling about. The Contact Team will answer your query and/or where necessary will complete a Contact Assessment, which will be sent to a Social Work Team. If the service you require is not provided through Social Services, the Contact Team may provide you with information on other organisations that may be able to help you.
The information that you will need to provide when ringing:
This will be personal information about yourself or the person you are calling about. For example name, address and date of birth. If you need a contact assessment, we will need details of the difficulties you or the person you are calling about are experiencing, and how you/they would like help with these.
However if you do not have all the information we need, you can still ring us. We may arrange to gather this information at a later date.
How to contact us
Monday - Thursday
8.45 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
8.45 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.
If you need assistance outside these hours, please ring 0845 6015392
If you would like more detailed information about Social Services please contact your local office.