- YOU ARE IN:
- Home >
- Social Care & Health
Social Care & Health
...Taking care to make a difference...
Telephone - 01545 574 000
Minicom - 01545 574001
Fax No - 01545 574002
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope our website will help you find the information you need and please let us know how you think we can make it better.
The Department's 'motto' is hard to miss! But what does "Taking care to make a difference" say about our services and what does it mean to you as someone who may want to use them?
We think it says a lot about both! By saying that we will "take care" we are committed to:
High Quality Services by meeting or exceeding all minimum standards set for our services
Values and Standards of Conduct by behaving in accordance with the Code of Practice for Social Care Workers. This means that we will always aim to:
- Protect the rights and promote the interests of service users and carers
- Strive to establish and maintain the trust and confidence of service users and carers
- Promote the independence of service users while protecting them as far as possible from danger or harm
- Respect the rights of service users whilst seeking to ensure that their behaviour does not harm themselves or other people
- Uphold public trust and confidence in social care services
- Be accountable for the quality of our work and take responsibility for maintaining and improving our knowledge and skills.
By wanting to "make a difference" we commit ourselves to:
Placing service users and cares at the centre of our services by working together to achieve agreed outcomes and by listening and responding to the views of those who use our services
Promoting and supporting independence appropriate to the needs and welfare of the adults children and young people with whom we work.
Change for the better by always being prepared to 'take' the idea of 'care' and change it as people's needs and expectations change.
Working in partnership with other agencies, to achieve common goals
Aims/Purpose of the Contact Centre
To provide a single point of contact for the people of Ceredigion, which offers quick and easy access to advice and information about the Department's services and the range of other resources available both locally and nationally. More details here.