Ceredigion Community Safety Plan, 2011-14.
The implementation of the review of the partnership provisions of the Crime & Disorder Act, 1998, and the subsequent introduction of new mandatory National Standards, Regulations, and accompanying Guidance by the Welsh Assembly Government and the Home Office, is of significant importance to the future operation of Community Safety Partnerships throughout Wales.
In fulfilment of the statutory requirements of the Regulations, which came into force in Wales on November 19th, 2007, Community Safety Partnerships are now required to undertake new Crime & Disorder Assessments annually. The purpose of the Assessment is to provide knowledge and understanding of community safety problems that will inform and enable Community Safety Partnerships to;
- Understand the patterns, trends and shifts relating to Crime & Disorder and Substance Misuse
- Set clear and robust priorities
- Develop activity that is driven by reliable intelligence and meets the needs of the local community
- Deploy resources effectively and present value for money; and
- Undertake annual reviews and plan activity based on a clear understanding of the issues and priorities.
The 2011 Strategic Assessment has been completed and has been utilised to inform the new Community Safety Plan, 2011-14, which each Community Safety Partnership also has a statutory duty to produce. I am pleased to provide you with a copy of the Plan for your information and retention.
Community Safety and Civil Contingencies Manager
Ceredigion Community Safety Partnership