First release of 2011 Census statistics
The first release of statistics from the 2011 Census will be on 16 July 2012 and will include the following elements:
- usually resident census population estimates for England and for Wales, and for England and Wales, at single year of age, and sex
- usually resident census population estimates for England and for Wales at regional level, and local authority level, by five year age bands and sex
- estimates of occupied households for England and for Wales at country, regional and local authority level
The first 2011 Census results for Ceredigion are available here:-
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) will provide an animated visualisation to look at the population results alongside the first release of 2011 Census statistics. The population pyramid will allow users to browse statistics, comparing age and sex distributions across England and across Wales, and to compare two areas simultaneously.
Population pyramids will be available for England and Wales combined, England and Wales separately, and sub-national layers. Users will be able to interactively explore the size and structure of each area, actively interrogating age bands, track change from 2001 and export images for incorporation in analysis.
A population and household estimates statistical bulletin will accompany the first release of 2011 Census statistics. This will highlight any key changes from 2001, for example changes in fertility and mortality rates, and changes in the population structure (in terms of ages).
Future releases of data are scheduled as follows:
- Second release November 2012 – February 2013: Key and Quick statistics
- Third release March 2013 – June 2013: Local Characteristics
- Fourth release July 2013 – October 2013: Detailed Characteristics, Theme and Armed Forces
More detailed information is available on the Office for National Statistics website.