Could I Take part?
All clients must meet the activity levels criteria and meet at least one other condition to be eligible for exercise referral
EXERCISE REFERRAL CRITERIA
- Not moderately active for 3 or more times per week.
- Deconditioned through age or inactivity
CHD Risk Factors
- Raised blood pressure more than 140/90 (either)
But less than 180/100 (either)
- Weight management (BMI Greater than 28)
- Controlled diabetes
Impaired Glucose tolerance
- High Cholesterol (Greater than 5.0)
- Family history of heart disease or diabetes
- Referral from cardiac rehabilitation
- Mild anxiety, depression or stress
- At risk of osteoporosis
- Arthritis (mild)
- Poor mobility
- Musculoskeletal pain, including back pain.
- Chronic Obstructive pulmonary disorder Mild, moderate and well controlled (COPD)
- Asthma, bronchitis, enphesema)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic fatigue
- Aged 16 or under
- Unstable angina
- Blood pressure 180/100 (in either) or above and/or uncontrolled or porrly controlled hypertension.
- Cardio myopathy
- Uncontrolled tachycardia
- Cardiac arrythmia
- Valvular heart disease
- Congenital heart disease
- Unexplained dizzy spells
- Excessive or unexplained breathlessness on exertion
- Uncontolled or pooorly controlled asthma (servere COPD)
- First 12 weeks of pregnancy
- Awaiting medical investigation
- Cerebro-vascular disease
- Unstable/newly diagnosed angina (within 6 months)
- Established coronary heart disease (including myocardial infarction)
- Any other uncontrolled condition.