Skip Navigation|

Picture 1

3201

Aeron Express. After the road bridge over the Aeron was destroyed by floods in 1885, Captain John Evans built a carriage to carry people across the harbour. During the summer he engaged a man to ferry passengers at 1/2d each. The motive power was later modified and the carriage adapted into a two seater before it finally became the four seater Aeron Exoress. In 1906 W. J. Phillips, End Stores was the proprietor. A. E. Gwynn then ran the service until it was taken over by the Aerial Railway Group in 1911. The Aeron Express was revived as a tourist attraction in 1988

Photograph Collection

LL1-3201