A funding opportunity has now been launched for individuals, businesses or organisations with ideas on the following:
- Want to make the most of the natural and cultural assets of the area?
- Have innovative ideas that need to be trialled, researched or piloted?
- Need to develop services available to residents?
- Make the most of renewable technology?
- Feel left behind digitally?
The Cynnal y Cardi Local Action Group has been successful in securing over £3 million for delivering innovative rural initiatives until 2020 in Ceredigion. Cynnal y Cardi wants to hear from anyone with appropriate project ideas.
Revenue support can be provided for the following:
- Project Development
- Pilot Projects
- Feasibility Studies
What is LEADER?
LEADER is a locally based approach to rural development. It aims to deliver activities which support the countryside and rural communities, encouraging a sustainable management of agriculture and environment.
LEADER comes from the French abbreviation for ‘Liaison Entre Actions pour le Development de L’Economie Rural’ which roughly translates as ‘links between actions for developing the rural economy.’
LEADER seeks to support innovative responses to opportunities or challenges faced in rural areas.
LEADER has a number of key features:
- It has a ‘bottom up’ approach to rural development i.e. that local people participate in the priorities to be pursued in their local area
- Innovation – provides opportunities for testing out new ideas and working in different ways
- Cooperation – is to undertake a joint project with another Leader group, or with a group taking a similar approach, in another region or Member State. Such cooperation can help Leader groups to boost their local activities and can provide opportunities for mutual learning
- Networking – Exchanging achievements, experiences and know-how between Leader groups, rural areas, administrations and organizations involved in rural development. It represents a means of transferring good practice, of disseminating innovation and of building on the lessons learned from local rural development
This project has received funding through the Welsh Government Rural Communities - Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, which is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the Welsh Government.
If you, or your community have ideas, or if you require further information contact the Cynnal y Cardi team on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01545 572063.