Please note: Only those businesses/ individuals that have completed the Eligibility Checker through Business Wales may apply. If you have not as yet completed the eligibility checker, please do so through the following link: -
This is a grant to provide financial assistance for newly created businesses that are facing operational and financial challenges as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
The purpose of the grant is to support newly created businesses with immediate cash flow support to help them survive the economic consequences of the Covid-19 outbreak. The grant seeks to complement other Covid-19 response measures to support businesses, social enterprises and charitable organisations in Wales.
The eligibility criteria for the grant is as follows:
- Started trading between 1st April 2019 and 1st March 2020
- Forecast annual turnover less than £50,000
- Not in receipt of Self Employment Income Support, Non Domestic Rate Grant, Economic Resilience Fund
- Businesses must be operating in Wales
- Businesses must have one or more of the following
- HMRC Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) Number
- VAT Registration Number or a VAT exemption certificate
- Written correspondence confirming registration with HMRC
- Have experienced a drop in turnover greater than >50% as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak between April and June 2020
- Supported businesses must aim to maintain employment for 12 months
For further information on this grant please read the Start Up Grant Guidance Notes.
If you have read the guidance, are eligible for the grant and wish to apply please download the Application Form and complete the mandatory questions following the provided guidance and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure to include the application form, appropriate ID and a bank statement from February 2020 and April or May 2020 (to demonstrate reduction in turnover)
E-mails and their attachments will be secure and protected once they are received by the Council; however applicants must satisfy themselves that they are content with the security of their e-mail service provider. For your safety, we recommend that you remove the e-mail form your ‘sent items’ once you receive confirmation that the application has been received.
The Start Up Grant is open to applications from the 29th June 2020 until the fund is fully committed. The fund provides a single payment of £2,500 to eligible businesses. 2,000 grants are available pan Wales with a set allocation in each local authority area. Applications will be dealt with on a first come first served basis. This may lead to applications not being appraised after they have been submitted if the fund is fully committed.
Please check your application carefully before submission for accuracy and completeness - incomplete or inaccurate applications will be refused.