The Social Services Improvement Agency (SSIA) was officially launched during the Social Services Summit in March 2006.
The Agency is set to support local authorities help increase the pace of improvement and promote excellence within social services. Hosted by the Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA) the Agency comprises of a central team and three Regional Co-ordinators based within their locality.
The SSIA have a strong emphasis on:
- improve service delivery and enable members and officers to better understand their performance
- enable councils to improve their decisions and to make changes to services based on a better understanding and interpretation of evidence based practice
- councils working collectively to enhance the sharing of good practice to ensure that vulnerable groups within their communities receive first class services
The SSIA website holds not only information regarding specific Agency business but also a wide range of social care information such as:
- integrated Children System
- direct Payments
- unified Assessments
- protection of Vulnerable Adults
- joint Review in Wales
- and much more
To see all the latest information visit www.ssiacymru.org.uk.
Contact the SSIA:
Social Services Improvement Agency
Welsh Local Government Association
Local Government House
Tel: 029 2046 8685