Ceredigion Youth Service believes that all young people in Ceredigion should have every opportunity to develop personally, socially and educationally, and to reach their fullest potential in order to lead meaningful lives.
The mission of Ceredigion Youth Service is to offer young people aged 11-25 informal and non-formal education opportunities that are educative, participative, empowering, inclusive and expressive, in an environment that is accessible, welcoming and safe. We will respect the bi-lingual heritage of Ceredigion and offer provision through both Welsh and English. We will work in collaboration with other Youth Support Services across the County to support Ceredigion's young people to access their entitlements and develop as responsible citizens.
These opportunities will:
- Respond to the needs of young people and their communities
- Uphold the principles of the Youth Work Curriculum Statement for Wales
- Be professionally planned, delivered and evaluated with regard to quality assurance
- Encourage the participation of young people in planning and evaluating what we do
- Meet the requirements of legislation and of Ceredigion Council's Corporate Plan
- Have regard to the principles of "Extending Entitlement"
- Respond to the priorities of the National Youth Service Strategy for Wales
- Draw on and encourage active cooperation with other partners
Youth Service Strategy - 2013-2018
Ceredigion Youth Service
Professional Education Centre
Tel: 01545 572352
Fax: 01545 572364